[Linux-cluster] Setting up a GFS cluster

Brendan Heading brendanheading at clara.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 20:29:59 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm planning to build a cluster using a pair of PE1950s, using RHEL 3
(or 4) with RHCS. Plan at the moment is to use GFS. Most of our stuff is
Dell, therefore the obvious choice is to use a Dell PowerVault 220S as
the shared storage device.

Before I kick off with this idea I'd be interested to hear if anyone had
any issues with this kind of setup, or if there were any general
performance problems. Are there other SCSI enclosures which might be
better or more appropriate for these purposes ?

Regards

Brendan