[Linux-cluster] Help BADLY needed: Fencing and LVS

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Mon Dec 11 03:32:30 UTC 2006

> The easiest configuration is to have your load balancers sit in front of
> the web servers, and also do firewalling/nat.. so basically, your load
> balancers have a public ip on one nic, and a private ip on the other. Your
> web servers only need a single IP, on the private network.

Yup, that's how it's set up. The LVS has a private IP for
configuration/access, etc but it responds to a public IP. I was able to ping
the public IP when I would start the services so that was fine. The LVS could
see the web server/s as well.

The problem was really on the web server side since I don't have much hands on
with dual NIC's. I'm sure my problem was as simple as a gateway or some other
issue but I just can't find it. Other weird things were that when the web
server was set up to respond to LVS, I could reach it but it could no longer
reach the cluster and so would fail.

As I say, I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing but it's got me
floored and has for weeks now.

Mike