[Linux-cluster] GFS + CORAID Performance Problem

Jayson Vantuyl jvantuyl at engineyard.com
Tue Dec 12 20:08:09 UTC 2006

Tom,

We fence with our own fencing system that integrates with our
virtualization infrastructure, so it probably doesn't apply to your
situation.  It involves daemons, multicast, and SSL-encrypted RPC calls.

As for qdisk, I'm probably not the best to answer this because we
decided we don't need them in our production setup.  It add votes
into the cluster when you have access to the storage.  Reasons for
doing this vary, so perhaps a bit of Googling is in order...

I'm afraid I don't know much about the GUI, because we rolled our own
system on Gentoo.

--
Jayson Vantuyl
Systems Architect