[Linux-cluster] GFS + CORAID Performance Problem

bigendian at gmail.com bigendian at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 16:55:34 UTC 2006

Hi Jayson,

I just plugged the hosts directly into the Coraid for troubleshooting
purposes.  This is how Coraid setup the machines in their published
benchmarks, so I figured it would be safe.  I actually have two Asante
IC36524 switches dedicated for Coraid storage with the intention of having
redundant paths.  My dual-port PCIe Ethernet cards didn't arrive until
yesterday, so I only had a single port on each host to connect to each
switch.  This isolated one of the hosts to the bad port on the SR1520.  I
should have found this sooner.

On a separate note, I have modified the fence_vixel script to perform
fencing on the Asante switches by shutting down the appropriate switch
ports.  These Asante switches use what appears to be a cloned Cisco IOS
interface, so this script should work for any Ethernet switch that also has
the IOS style telnet interface or will at least get you close.  It works on
the command-line, but I haven't actually tested it in the cluster through a
real fence operation.  I'd be happy to share it if it would be helpful.

How are you fencing your cluster nodes?  I specify the Vixel fence in the
configuration GUI since I can't find a way to easily add a custom fence
agent.

What is the benefit of using qdisk?

Thanks,
Tom