[Linux-cluster] iLO device as fencing device

Marc Grimme grimme at atix.de
Tue Dec 12 22:03:40 UTC 2006

Hello,
You might want to have a look at
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/open-sharedroot/comoonics-bootimage-fenceclient-ilo-0.1-16.noarch.rpm?modtime=1165569070&big_mirror=0
(www.open-sharedroot.org -> downloads ->
comoonics-bootimage-fenceclient-ilo). We addressed the problem of the normal
fence_ilo being a little slow and the timeouts. We also added an
option "hardoff" or "coldreset" where we went passt the acpi being used for
powering off and on. Syntax is compatible.
You can also use it for more extended things with the XML-ILO interface (-x
option) for automatically adding powerusers or reseting the ilo-card. Which
helped a lot.
Have fun using it.
Regards Marc.