[Linux-cluster] Kernel panic: GFS: Assertion failed on line 550 of file rgrp.c

Thai Duong thaidn at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 15:59:05 UTC 2006

Hi Kevin,

I did unmount oracle_u02 before cloning but still no luck. When I tried to
run gfs_fsck against oracle_u02 on the backup cluster's node, it reported
something like below:

[root at rac3 root]# gfs_fsck -y /dev/pool/oracle_u02
Initializing fsck
Buffer #65773 (1 of 5) is neither GFS_METATYPE_RB nor GFS_METATYPE_RG.
Resource group is corrupted.
Unable to read in rgrp descriptor.
Unable to fill in resource group information.

It seems that oracle_u02 somehow got broken. Running gfs_fsck against
oracle_u01 works like a charm. Do i need to run gfs_fsck against the
original oracle_u02? Please advise.

Regards,

Thai Duong.