[Linux-cluster] Redhat web server cluster with 4 web server's & 2 Database server

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 19:46:38 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 15:54 +0530, kishore chowdary wrote:

> Most of the content served will be static content all these server r in a
> good datacenter & r interconected through gigabit ethernet.

Static content is good, and allows the the web servers to perform at
fairly high capacity.

> We have licensed version of Redhat AS 4.2 for all the server's & planning to
> buy Redhat Cluster Suite from redhat.

> so i need some guidance from u guys on how to setup this cluster,which file
> system to use.if u have step by step installation notes of starting from
> redhat OS installation to setting up cluster with mysql redundancy.
>
> Do i need any hardware apart from this to set up a cluster.

A Dell/EMC Clariion AX100 and some sort of I/O fencing for the database
servers would be nice.  I like WTI switches, but other people like the
APC 7900/7920/7921.

If you're not doing RR DNS or you don't have a load balancer out front,
you might want to grab something to act as an IPVS director.

-- Lon