[Linux-cluster] gfs export over nfs is very slow

Olivier Thibault Olivier.Thibault at lmpt.univ-tours.fr
Fri Jun 2 08:26:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have upgraded FC5, and it's now much better.
For information, here is a bonnie++ test result, on gfs exported via
nfs, gigabit ethernet lan.
Version 1.01d       ------Sequential Output------ --Sequential Input-
--Random-
                     -Per Chr- --Block-- -Rewrite- -Per Chr- --Block--
--Seeks--
Machine        Size K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP
/sec %CP
poisson          4G 21383  19 21582   6  4026  75 24101  21 22974   3
259.8   1
                     ------Sequential Create------ --------Random
Create--------
                     -Create-- --Read--- -Delete-- -Create-- --Read---
-Delete--
               files  /sec %CP  /sec %CP  /sec %CP  /sec %CP  /sec %CP
/sec %CP
                  16   158   1   517  91   248   2   157   1  3243  22
  238   2

Locally, the same test is more than twice faster.
Does someone knows if there are optimizations for gfs and nfs, other
than ones found in NFS Howto ?

Best regards,

Olivier