[Linux-cluster] gfs export over nfs is very slow

Raj Kumar rajkum2002 at rediffmail.com
Fri Jun 2 21:39:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

I found that we are also experiencing performance issues using GFS. Earlier we thought EXT3 and GFS were performing equally so NFS is the issue. But I found that some tests were done incorrectly and EXT3 over NFS is twice faster than GFS over NFS. We formatted a SAN volume as EXT3 and benchmarked it on NFS client. We formatted the same SAN volume as GFS and benchmarked again. GFS + NFS is very slow.

I have also read NFS tuning guides and tried several options. But no change whatsoever.

Are there any other ways to debug this issue. It's a top most priority for us now.

Thanks,
Raj