[Linux-cluster] Error starting up CLVMD

Vernard C. Martin vcmarti at sph.emory.edu
Thu Jun 8 20:17:09 UTC 2006

I recently upgraded from an old version of GFS from May of last year to
the latest stable version in the CVS tree. I did this because it wcould
compile against the latest kernel in RHEL4U3.  Its a two node cluster
and had been exhibiing some crashes under heavy I/O load so I thought
that the upgrade might help stabilize it.

The first node came up fine but the 2nd node is giving me a strange
error when trying to start up "clvmd". The error is:[root at node001 ~]# clvmd
clvmd could not connect to cluster manager
Consult syslog for more information
[root at node001 ~]#

the syslog has:
Jun  8 16:04:16 node001 clvmd: Unable to create lockspace for CLVM: No
such file or directory

so exactly which file is it talking about so that I can make sure that
its there.

Any help would be appreciated.