[Linux-cluster] problem with vip addresses

Simon Bridgwater s.bridgwater at sinergy.it
Mon Mar 13 13:27:48 UTC 2006

I seem to have a problem with the vip's in a bonding interface
disappearing. At first I thought it was a problem with the vsftpd
service but when I closely monitored the vip with the command "ip addr
show bond0" I sometimes see that the virtual ip's disappear and then
reappear after a few seconds. What could be causing this problem ? Is it
an operating system problem or a cluster problem. Could it be caused by
a malconfigured service ? (I have to put two scripts which depend on
each other into a single service).
I have tried upgrading the cluster suite (with corresponding kernel-smp-
2.6.9-22.0.2) to the most updated version but it is still giving me this
error. I have two e1000 NICS configured in bonding in active-backup with
miimon=100. Could it be a problem with bonding or the miimon parameter ?

Simon Bridgwater
Sinergy Srl