[Linux-cluster] Few Doubts About "GFS + ISCSI with Multipathing And NIC Bonding"

Mike Christie michaelc at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 14 00:11:54 UTC 2006

updatemyself . wrote:
> Hai All,
>
> I have few questions to ask..
> i already have a setup of GPFS Cluster on SAN with mulipathing (total 12
> TB Volumes)
> And planning to go for a Another One With GFS + ISCSI with Multipathing
> And NIC Bonding
>
> So my doubt are about
> 1, Multipathing
> 2, NIC Bonding

For iscsi in linux you can use network bonding or dm-multipath or maybe
even both :) For example, you can use bonding on the initiator over
multiple host NICs, and use dm-multipath to multpath over multiple
target portals.

> 3, Whats the Option for ISCSI Multipath same as RDAC in SAN

Not exactly sure what you mean by this. Are you thinking about RDAC as
in Engenio's RDAC where we might need to do some sort of manual failover?