[Linux-cluster] RHCS/RHEL3 power switches options

Filipe Miranda filipe.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 21:11:31 UTC 2006

Andrew,

It definatelly helps, I was researching and I found this type of fence
device that would work with RHEL3/RHCS:
http://www.wti.com/rps10-ec.htm

That's why I posted this message so I could contact people that actually use
fence devices/power switches on RHEL/RHCS solutions

Thanks a lot

Att.
Filipe Miranda

On 3/14/06, Andrew C. Dingman <adingman at cookgroup.com> wrote:

> I'm using APC AP7901 power switches in two different REL3 clusters. If
> you don't alter the default configuration beyond setting your own
> password, I believe the provided fencing agent works quite well. If you
> try to use a more restricted user, it may or may not work. (Probably
> not, in my experience.) The problem is that the APC telnet menus change
> depending on the privileges of the connected user, so a restricted user
> on the switch will not get the menus that the fencing agent expects.
>
> I am also using GFS on those clusters, so I set up the fencing in GFS,
> and then used the gulm bridge fencing agent in RHCS, which causes it to
> pass the fencing work off to GFS. I have no experience using cluster
> suite without GFS, on either RHEL3 or RHEL4.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 17:14 -0300, Filipe Miranda wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out what power switches
> > do work with RHCS/RHEL3.
> > Did anyone implement RHCS/RHEL3 with power switches ?
> > What options do I have when using power switches with this solution?
> > I appreciate any help
> >

> > Att.
> > ---
> > Filipe Miranda