[Linux-cluster] stress-testing GFS ?

Birger Wathne Birger.Wathne at ift.uib.no
Wed Mar 15 21:48:56 UTC 2006

I would like to put my cluster through a little controlled hell before
declaring it ready for production.

Is there any kind of stress-test/verification procedure to 'certify'
shared storage with GFS?
Ideally there would be some distributed software that could be run in a
cluster to check that the shared storage behaves as expected under all
kinds of load. Throughput, concurrent writing, GFS locking, file system
locking, etc...
Something that could interface with GFS internals to see that everything
was 'right' at every step.

Since I have seen nothing about the issue, I assume something like that
doesn't exist, so... Any ideas on how to stress test GFS?
Homegrown scripts? Known problems with hardware that a test should look for?

--
birger