[Linux-cluster] stress-testing GFS ?

Michael Will mwill at penguincomputing.com
Wed Mar 15 22:20:28 UTC 2006

iozone does test for a lot of different access patterns, and can create
nice spreadsheets including graphs
from the point of view of a single node. It also has a multiple node
flag for running it across a cluster. See -+m and -t
options. It knows how to use 'rsh' and can also be configured for any
other remote execution command by setting the
enviroment variable RSH to say ssh or bpsh.

Don't forget to post your benchmark results to this mailinglist ;-)

Michael