[Linux-cluster] Can't write to file systems

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Fri Mar 24 17:23:18 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 12:26:16AM -0000, Ben Yarwood wrote:

> I am really stumped and could do with some help.
>
> I have a 3 node gfs cluster running gfs 6.1 nad it has started to behave
> very strangely after I had some problems earlier today expanding one of the
> file systems.
>
> At the moment all the nodes are in the cluser and it is quorate, and all the
> gfs file systems are mounted.  Reading from the gfs file systems works fine
> but anything that tries to write to them causes the file system to hang.

I've never heard of that happening before.  Here are a couple things you
could try.

- Try mounting one fs at a time and seeing if there's problems with just
  one of them, or all, or only when there's more than one fs mounted...

- Shut down the cluster and have just a single node mount each fs
  using lock_nolock: mount -t gfs /dev/foo /gfs -o lockproto=lock_nolock
  This mounts the fs as a local file system, so make sure you don't have
  other nodes mounting the fs!  Once it's mounted like this, see if you
  can access the fs normally.

> I see a lot of gfs_recoverd and dlm_recoverd processes running.  Do these
> have something to do with it?

Those will be running all the time.

Dave