[Linux-cluster] Can't write to file systems

Ben Yarwood ben.yarwood at juno.co.uk
Sat Mar 25 16:37:55 UTC 2006

Unfortunately I had to resolve the problem before I got your reply so I
didn't have a chance to try your solutions.  The mailing list seems to have
been having slowness issues.

In a slightly desperate act I fenced and rejoined each node one after the
other but didn't start gfs.  When I rejoined the second of the three nodes,
everything magically started working again, the third node started accessing
the gfs file systems as expected.  Next I remounted the gfs file systems on
the other boxes and they have also been behaving themselves.  Finally I
restarted  rgmanager one one node and all my nfs mounts where restored.
Slightly irrationally I haven't started rgmanager on the other nodes as I
think for some reason it may be to blame.

In summary, it seemed that access to the file systems was being prevented by
the cluster for some reason.  Any more thoughts anyone may have would be
appreciated.

In addition is there a way to check:

1 If a file system is suspended?
2 Why?
3 Which node is causing the problem?
4 A guide to interpreting the structure/comments of  /proc/cluster/services?

Cheers
Ben