R: [Linux-cluster] 2 Node Cluster - SAN Fencing

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Mon Mar 27 07:29:21 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 09:23:00AM +0200, Leandro Dardini wrote:

> [...]

In situations where one of the two nodes didn't actually fail you can
get both nodes fencing each other.  With SAN fencing both will disable
each other and neither will be able to access storage, with power fencing
the first one reboots the second so the second doesn't get a chance to
reboot the first.

Dave