[Linux-cluster] CS4 / devices naming persistency

Alain Moulle Alain.Moulle at bull.net
Mon Mar 27 09:23:43 UTC 2006

Hi

Just for confirmation or/and suggestions:
I think that there is a problem of device naming unicity
and persistency (ie. after reboot) when we configure
some FS as "to be failovered" ressources in CS4.
In this case, which solution do you preconise :
use of LABELs on devices ?
or solution such as udev, etc. ?

This problem occurs only if we have FS as "to be failovered"
ressources. If not, I think that device naming unicity
and persistency does not matter at all for CS4 ...

Am I right ?

Thanks
Alain