R: [Linux-cluster] cluster and Apache tomcat

Leandro Dardini l.dardini at comune.prato.it
Fri Mar 31 08:36:32 UTC 2006

Not completely. Each tomcat needs a distinct logs, work and temp directory. Plus the server.xml contains data specificy to each tomcat (ip address of the replication process). Just work with @hostname links and it is possible to take on GFS the CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME, plus all the context. The Catalina directory can be shared.

Just ad advice, two node clusters are not raccomanded at all (I have your identical situation, two apache + two tomcat) expecially with a SAN fencing device, it is highly possible each node will fence the other.

Leandro