[Linux-cluster] Centralized Cron

saju john saju8 at rediffmail.com
Thu May 4 19:06:51 UTC 2006

Dear All,

Is there any way to make a centalized cron while using Redhat HA cluster with Sahred storage. I mean to put the crontab entry for a particular user on shared storage, so that when the cluster shifts, on the other node cron should read from the cron file in shared storage.

This setup has the advantage that we don't need to manullay update the cron entry in both nodes.

I tried two ways , but not success

b) Soft link the cron directory in /var/spool to /path/to/shared/storage/cron. This is working till the cluster shift. The cron is getting dead when the cluster shifts as it lose the /var/spool/cron link's destination driectory which will be mapped to the other node

Thanks in advance

Saju John