[Linux-cluster] Cluster Setup Questions

James Parsons jparsons at redhat.com
Wed May 17 12:40:51 UTC 2006

iana wrote:

>---------------8< snip, snip ---------------------------------
>
>What has to be decided:
>=======================
>Currently, no fencing is decided and two options are considered:
> 1. APC AP7921 Rack PDUs (still don't quite imagine how it'll work
> with servers with dual power supplies, but this can be solved)
> 2. Integrated IBM Slimline RSA II controller (Don't know if it's
> supported by RHCS).

We have a fence agent for RSA II, but it has never been tested with the
slimline controller; only the standard RSA II controller.

 AP7921  is a supported power switch and a good choice. In a dual power
supply environment, just configure the general device in the UI under
fence devices, then configure two fences for each node (on the same
fence level). The ui app will note that there are two power fences on
the level and then write the correct 'off-on' sequence into the conf
file. If you have any questions about the conf file and dual power
supplies, just post your file here and someone will be able to help.

-J