[Linux-cluster] INQUIRY ON CLUSTERNFS SERVER MOUNTING PROBLEM ON NFS CLIENT USING RCMS 3.0

Ahmadz S. Taneo ahmadz at amti.com.ph
Mon May 22 11:00:33 UTC 2006

Hello Here People,

Good day!

I need help. I have setup a two node NFS server using Redhat Cluster Manager
suite 3.0. I have configured and tested the nfs service for failover and it
seems working fine. Here is my probelm.

1. When I manually mount an NFS shared directory on the NFS client of the
cluster server using the service ip of the CLUSTERNFS and I found no problem
accessing the shared directory.
	a. showmount -e <service IP>
	b. mount service.ip.nfs.share:/SHARE /mnt/share
	c. cd /mnt/share
	e. ls =====>>>> i can see the content of the NFS share directory
2. When a failover occurs, that is, in the event of the NODE1 failure and
NODE2 will take over successfully and do the ls command on the /mnt/share of
the NFS client, there is an error and I couln't display the content of the
display. What I need to do is to umount the /mnt/share mounting and remount
the  shared directory.

3. I was told to use the autofs daemon but for now is not an option. Is
there anything I have missed. I have tried googling around but no luck :-(

Please Help.

Thanks in Advance

ahmadz