[Linux-cluster] Postgresql under RHCS4

Devrim GUNDUZ devrim at gunduz.org
Mon May 22 08:14:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Mon, 22 May 2006, carlopmart wrote:

> No Devrim, I mean which can be the best form to setup replication between
> master and slave ... and when master goes down, if I put data on slave how
> can I update master node.

You don't need a replication system there. Use an SAN :)

Here is the schema:

+-------+		+-------+
|Master |		|Slave	|
|	|		|	|
|Node	|		|Node	|
+-------+		+-------+
    |			    |
    --------------------------

 	+--------------
 	|	      |
 	| SAN or NAS  |
 	|	      |
 	+-------------+

You will install just operating system,PostgreSQL binaries and Cluster
tools to both Master and Slave nodes. All $PGDATA will reside in the
storage.

If master node goes down, Slave node will mount $PGDATA and continue
working. When master node is up, slave will umount $PGDATA, stop its
postmaster and will trigger master node and start its postmaster so that
data will not be corrupted.

Regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ