[Linux-cluster] RHCS 3 "could not connect to service manager"

Karl Podesta kpodesta at redbrick.dcu.ie
Wed Nov 15 12:10:19 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

When we try to relocate a service between a basic 2-node RHCS 3 setup, we
get the following error message:

"Member p2 trying to relocate oracle to p1. msg-open: connection timed out.
Could not connect to service manager."

This also happens if a node in the cluster fails: the service does not
relocate to the other node. There is only the one service on the cluster
(oracle). The cluster is 2 x Dell 2850 with shared SAN storage,
RHAS Update 5, kernel 2.4.21-32.EL SMP for x_64.

What are the reasons that could cause this failure in relocation to happen?

Many thanks for any thoughts or suggestions you have!

Regards,
Karl

--
Karl Podesta