[Linux-cluster] GFS and samba problem, again

sandra-llistes sandra-llistes at fib.upc.edu
Wed Oct 4 12:16:55 UTC 2006

Hi,

I sent a mail a few days ago to this list related with GFS+samba problems.

Since the, we have installed a sepparated test environment also with
two linux servers where we  have tested a samba server with an
exported share in GFS. The share is read-only and only one server is
exporting it.

When we try to access from a single windows client it works fine, but
when we try to access to the same file from 2 or more windows clients
simoultaneously, windows hangs and samba also does. This seems not to
happen with concurrent access to different files or with linux clients.

We've also tested to export the same share without GFS and in this
case it works fine.

It seems to be a locking problem with samba, GFS and windows clients.
Does any of you have experienced similar problems? Do you have any
suggestion about this?

Following is the share configuration in smb.conf:

[public]
   comment         = ShareGFS
   path            = /public
   writeable       = No
   read only       = Yes
   write list      = @admsamba
   force group     = admsamba
   create mask     = 0775
   directory mask  = 0775
   oplocks         = No
   locking = Yes
   strict locking = Yes
# I proved with locking/Strick locking=Yes and No. Always happens the
same problem

I attach some samba logs (Level 3).
Software Versions:
	Fedora 5