[Linux-cluster] data journaling for increased performance

Riaan van Niekerk riaan at obsidian.co.za
Wed Sep 6 15:09:54 UTC 2006

has anyone been able to use GFS data journaling to get any measurable
performance boost? For those unfamiliar:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/browse/rh-gfs-en/s1-manage-data-journal.html

We have a 2.6 TB maildir mail store (e.g. lots of small files) and think
of implementing it (we will take any performance increase we can get as
long as it does not impact reliability), and even though it will only
apply to new files.

Also, is it possible to check if the inherit_jdata (for directories) or
jdata (for files) flag has been set?

Riaan