[Linux-cluster] Issue stonith commands to the failing node twice??

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Mon Sep 11 13:55:19 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 16:07 -0700, Rick Rodgers wrote:
> I am using an older version of clumanger (about 2 yrs old) and I
> notice
> that when the active node goes down the back will actually issue
> stonith commands twice. They are about 60 seconds apart. Does this
> happen to anyone else??

It's "normal" if you're using the disk tiebreaker.  That is, it's been
around for so long that people are used to it ;)

Basically, both membership transitions and quorum disk transitions are
causing full recovery (including STONITH).  However, only one should
cause a STONITH event -- the one that happens last.

There is a switch which should fix it in 1.2.34, but it has to be
enabled manually ('cludb -p cluquorumd%disk_quorum 1').

-- Lon