[Linux-cluster] Issue stonith commands to the failing node twice??

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Mon Sep 11 16:33:20 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 09:11 -0700, Rick Rodgers wrote:
> Thanks.
> I woas wondering if Clumanager can work with dual power controllers?
> So if one controller goes down and it needs to shoot the node it can
> use the other
> controller to shoot the node. If so how does that get configured into
> clumanager?

Clumanager 1.2.x's use of multiple power controllers is basically "all
or nothing".  That is, if you have two power controllers listed, both
must succeed or STONITH fails.

There is no equivalent (in clumanager 1.2.x) to RHCS4's / RHGFS6.0's /
RHGFS6.1's "fence level" construct, which allows you to configure backup
fencing.  Each fence level is tried in sequence (each fence level may
have one or more devices to try).  The first level which fully succeeds
ends the fencing operation (successfully).  If no level succeeds,
fencing fails (and is retried on RHCS4).

-- Lon