[Linux-cluster] Cannot restart service after "failed" state

Huesser Peter peter.huesser at psi.ch
Sat Sep 23 19:26:33 UTC 2006

> If the problem is that you're unable to restart the service when it is
> in "failed" modus, you could try this:
>
> clusvcadm -d service	# disables the failed service
> clusvcadm -e service	# enables/starts the now disabled service

Thanks for the hint but the problem was that I did (and still do) not
understand the concept of the different resource types within a service.
There you can choose between "Add a Shared Resource to this service",
"Attach a new Private Resource to the Selection" and "Attach a Shared
Resource to the selection". I played around a little bit and everything
works now as expected. But I have to search the web first before asking
some more specific questions.

Greetings

	Pedro