[Linux-cluster] General FC Question

Roger Peña Escobio orkcu at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 01:39:41 UTC 2006

--- "isplist at logicore.net" <isplist at logicore.net>
wrote:

> Problem is that SCSI devices are changing when I
> add/remove storage devices.
> For example, a device that was all set up as sda is
> now sdc upon reboot.

yes, I understand you
the same happen when you add LUNs exported from a SAN
the OS will see more devices , and maybe something
that was sda now is sde :-(

with LVM you will not have any problem no matther how
the name of the device change (sda -> sdb or sde)

with GFS alone I guess you will

maybe with the help of multipath or powerpath or any
other "device mapper" tool you can map a device to
something unique and invariable across addiction of
new  real scsi devices or LUNs to the system

cu
roger