[Linux-cluster] fence option problem

Marco Minato marco at fuertux.com
Mon Apr 16 10:18:46 UTC 2007

James Parsons ha scritto:
> Marco Minato wrote:
>
>> James Parsons ha scritto:

>>> Marco - are you saying that when you added the option="Off" to the
>>> conf file by hand and then started system-config-cluster, that the
>>> option="Off" attribute was removed? That would be a bug :)
>>>
>>> Which version of cluster suite and s-c-cluster are you running??
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> -J

>>> --
>>>

>> Look. I've modified now cluster.conf as down
>>
>>                <clusternode name="nodo1" votes="1">
>>                        <fence>
>>                                <method name="1">
>>                                        <device name="APC_fence"
>> port="1" switch="10.0.0.10" option="Off"/>
>>                                </method>
>>                        </fence>
>>                </clusternode>
>>                <clusternode name="nodo2" votes="1">
>>                        <fence>
>>                                <method name="1">
>>                                        <device name="APC_fence"
>> port="2" switch="10.0.0.10" option="Off"/>
>>                                </method>
>>                        </fence>
>>                </clusternode>
>>
>> wondering option statement is ok..
>>
>> I've modified <device> part as you said, upgrade the config_version
>> and copied the conf file in nodes and restarted cluster.
>> now in s-c-c i've no per-node fence device configured.. if I click on
>> "send to cluster" icon the system update
>> the configuration as down:
>>
>> <clusternode name="nodo1" votes="1">
>>                        <fence>
>>                                <method name="1"/>
>>                        </fence>
>>                </clusternode>
>>                <clusternode name="nodo2" votes="1">
>>                        <fence>
>>                                <method name="1"/>
>>                        </fence>
>>                </clusternode>
>>
>> No fence device!! I've tried to use ccs_tool for propagating the
>> config file with the same result..
>> What I'm doing bad?? :)
>
> 1) The 'switch' parameter (which you have set to "10.0.0.10")  is used
> only when you are using ganged apc switches, that is, multiple
> daisy-chained switches. Leave that parameter off...and it is def not
> supposed to be a dotted quad :)
> 2) Do you have a <fencedevices> section in your conf file? There
> should be something that looks like this:
> <fencedevices>
>  <fencedevice type="fence_apc" login="xxx" passwd="xxx"
> name="APC_fence"/>
> </fencedevices>
>
> It is possible that if the fencedevices block is missing, then the ui
> might be saying to itself, 'these fence instances are useless' and not
> including them. I will have to look at the code...but first, I want to
> get your cluster running - and you will need to specify fencedevices
> in order for that to happen.
>
> -J

Hi, good morning,

1) If I don't set the switch parameter the system-config-cluster program
says: "A switch address must be provided for this Fence"... for me a
common address is a dotted quad expression.. what can I put instead of it?
2) For sure I've the fencedevice section configured.. I said the fencing
IS working.. the only thing is that I don't want the cluster restarts
nodes but switch them off! If the fencedevice section is missing,
fencing not works...

The problem actually is that I can't setup the fence system with a power
off of the nodes, even changing the fence_apc script. All the cluster is
working good in my test scenario apart that little thing!

Tnx