[Linux-cluster] GFS over AOE without fencing?

Kadlecsik Jozsi kadlec at sunserv.kfki.hu
Wed Apr 18 07:22:42 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:

> For cutting the access off at the storage there is a new
> fence agent in the cluster CVS called fence_scsi - you can use that if
> the storage supports SCSI3 reservations. I don't know if that is the
> case for AOE though.

The Coraid box supports MAC based access control at the level of the
logical blades so it is not hard to write a fence agent which disables the
access right of the failing node.

Best regards,
Jozsef
E-mail : kadlec at sunserv.kfki.hu, kadlec at blackhole.kfki.hu
PGP key: http://www.kfki.hu/~kadlec/pgp_public_key.txt
Address: KFKI Research Institute for Particle and Nuclear Physics
         H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary