[Linux-cluster] Piranha question: Running client on a real serverhangs

Brooks, Jody jody.brooks at nasa.gov
Wed Apr 25 15:56:24 UTC 2007

Thanks for the links... working my way through them now ...

For info: I am using the redirect bits like in "method #2".

In fact, that's all I'm doing on the real servers as I have not assigned
the VIP to the lo interface on the real servers as seems to be discussed
in LVS-DR.html (haven't read all that yet but that appears to be implied
as I've read that in other places as well).  This VIP on lo doesn't
appear to be critical as my service works fine when the client is on a
non-real-server/non-director host.  Am I missing something here?  Seems
like the VIP on lo would be used if you weren't doing the iptables
redirect (i.e., method 2)... right? wrong?

I will try to incorporate some of the pieces from the LVS-DR.html ideas
and see if that gets me any further.

For the record, our need of this is that one of our services is also a
consumer of other of our services, all of which should be load-balanced
across the same cluster as they're related.

Thanks again.
-- Jody