[Linux-cluster] with gfs2, permission denied on first attempt to run an executable

Ken Roser fedora at resork.sent.com
Wed Dec 12 20:07:54 UTC 2007

Rick, ls -l does show execute permission.  It couldn't have been the
execute bit since the 2nd or later attempts to run the program are
successful.

BTW, in case this is useful, after mounting the filesystem, if I do a ls
-l on the file first, before attempting to execute it, the program will
run first and every time.  It's as if the execution will fail until the
directory is read at least once.