[Linux-cluster] Highly available services

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 17 08:16:53 UTC 2007

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 12:09:29AM -0500, Jeff Sturm wrote:
> At a quick glance, I'd say fencing doesn't meet your needs, and RH
> Cluster Suite may be overkill.  You've worked out the details of
> failover, you just need to automate it.

Well, it's not called RedHat Fencing Suite, is it? :)

> Have you tried heartbeat?  It is well suited for simple failover of
> resources such as IP addresses.

Heartbeat has indeed been doing this for me up until now. :) I was just
under the impression that rhcs was supposed to be a superset of
heartbeat.

I've managed to work around it in sneaky, sneaky, ways, but I'd really
like to hear how this is *supposed* to be accomplished if at all.

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Server Team