[Linux-cluster] RH Cluster issue

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 15:34:46 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 09:04 +0400, Harun wrote:
> Issue: When the public network cable is removed from any for the node
> both nodes restarts itself.

> I want to test a live setup... a Linux Cluster with 2 nodes, in Linux
> Advanced Server (Linux DB-Primary 2.4.21-37.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Sep 7
> 13:28:55 EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux )

There have been a few updates since 2.4.21-37, I think.

> But only issue here is that if I pull out any of the the network cable
> in the public interface, both server restart together. I am just
> confused with what configuration files to check or how get started

That's strange.  I assume you're running clumanager-1.2.35.2, right?

For a tiebreaker, you should use the nearest upstream router.
Alternatively, with clumanager 1.2.x you can also use no IP address
which should be a 'disk' tiebreaker.

What does cluster.xml look like?

-- Lon