[Linux-cluster] RH Cluster issue

Harun harun at mhd.co.om
Mon Dec 17 05:04:37 UTC 2007

Issue: When the public network cable is removed from any for the node both
nodes restarts itself.

I want to test a live setup... a Linux Cluster with 2 nodes, in Linux
Advanced Server (Linux DB-Primary 2.4.21-37.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Sep 7 13:28:55
EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux )   and Oracle database running. When I
test the cluster...shutting down the primary or powering off the primary...
every thing works fine. The secondary server comes up.

But only issue here is that if I pull out any of the the network cable in
the public interface, both server restart together. I am just confused with
what configuration files to check or how get started

I want to know what IP Address should I give for the Tiebreaker IP address

I am worried since only its a Live setup, please help.

<<<<   Disclaimer Message  >>>>
"This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee, please notify the sender immediately after deleting this e-mail from your system and do not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of erroneous e-mail transmission."
[Mohsin Haider Darwish LLC & Group Companies, PO.Box 880, Ruwi-112, Oman]