[Linux-cluster] Mount GFS without cluster?

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Wed Dec 26 02:36:28 UTC 2007

This does not seem to do what I'm after either? This seems to force me to take
down the cluster before allowing one non cluster server to gain access to the
storage? There is a strong warning about it.

>Do not allow multiple nodes to mount the same file system while LOCK_NOLOCK
>is used. Doing so causes one or more nodes to panic their kernels, and may
>cause file system corruption.

I'm coming across a real problem due to having to use multiple operating
systems such as RHEL4/5 and now CentOS5 in the mix too.

I need to allow RHEL4 machines to be in their own cluster, then have a couple
of CentOS5 machines in their own cluster, all having access to the same
storage space.

 From what I've asked in the list, am reading and trying, doesn't seem that I
can do this.