[Linux-cluster] Mount GFS without cluster?

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Wed Dec 26 09:29:52 UTC 2007

On Tue, Dec 25, 2007 at 08:36:28PM -0600, isplist at logicore.net wrote:

> This does not seem to do what I'm after either? This seems to force me to take
> down the cluster before allowing one non cluster server to gain access to the
> storage? There is a strong warning about it.

Yes, if you want to mount the GFS fs with no_lock this is intended for
one exclusive mount and the GFS fs should not be mounted somewhere
else, inside or outside the cluster.

Can't you export the GFS mounted fs (in the cluster) with NFS and copy the
data doing an NFS mount?

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>