[Linux-cluster] field displayed in "cman_tool services" command

Robert Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 14:59:33 UTC 2007

Siman Hew wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I try to check the services in a cluster, I am
> using "cman_tool services", what I get is something
> like this:
> hostname:/sbin#cman_tool services
> Service          Name                              GID
> LID State     Code
> Fence Domain:    "default"                           0
>   2 join      S-1,1,3
> []
>
> DLM Lock Space:  "Magma"                             3
>   4 run       -
> [1 2]
>
> User:            "usrm::manager"                     2
>   3 run       S-10,200,0
> [1 2]
>
> Some fields are quite obvious, like Service, Name, but
> some are not, like GID, LID, Code and square bracket
> under service(I guess it is node list).
> Is there anywhere explain what these fields mean?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Siman

Hi Siman,

I added a (somewhat long and over-imaginative) section to the FAQ on this
a while back:

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#cman_tool_services

It's not meant to be complete; it's just an explanation of the ideas.
Incidentally, GID and LID stand for "Global ID" and "Local ID" and
they are numbers used to identify cman messages, and that's not really
described in the faq.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite