[Linux-cluster] field displayed in "cman_tool services" command

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 15:24:56 UTC 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 06:49:05AM -0800, Siman Hew wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I try to check the services in a cluster, I am
> using "cman_tool services", what I get is something
> like this:
> hostname:/sbin#cman_tool services

> Service          Name                         GID  LID State  Code
> Fence Domain:    "default"                      0    2 join   S-1,1,3
> []
>
> DLM Lock Space:  "Magma"                        3    4 run
> [1 2]
>
> User:            "usrm::manager"                2    3 run    S-10,200,0
> [1 2]
>
> Some fields are quite obvious, like Service, Name, but
> some are not, like GID, LID, Code and square bracket
> under service(I guess it is node list).
> Is there anywhere explain what these fields mean?

I thought I'd explained these in an email before, but I can't find it.
The non-obvious information is not explained because it doesn't have much
meaning if you're not looking at the code, and you don't need to use it
unless you're debugging the code.  But, in case someone does want to start
digging through the code:

- The numbers in [] are the nodeids of the nodes in that group
- GID is the global id of the group, sg->global_id
- LID is the local id of the group, sg->local_id
- State is the SGST_ value in sg->state
  none=SGST_NONE
  join=SGST_JOIN
  run=SGST_RUN
  recover=SGST_RECOVER, the number after "recover" is sg->recover_state
  update=SGST_UEVENT
- Code is a combination of information
  First letter S=SGFL_SEVENT, U=SGFL_UEVENT, N=SGFL_NEED_RECOVERY
  First number sg->sevent->se_state or sg->uevent.ue_state
  Second number sg->sevent->se_flags or sg->uevent.ue_flags
  Third number sg->sevent->se_reply_count or sg->uevent.ue_nodeid

Now, on to your specific problem.  By the looks of it I'd say that your
machine is trying to fence someone.  /var/log/messages will usually have
some clear information about what's wrong.  Source code debugging using
the info above is probably the wrong place to start.

Dave