[Linux-cluster] Question about Cluster Service

sara sodagar sara_sodagar at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 25 13:10:02 UTC 2007

Hi
I would be grateful if anyone could tell me if this
solution works or not?
I am planning to use Web server cluster.I have 2
active
servers and 1 passive server .I suppose I should
 create 2 cluster service as in each cluster service
there
should be 1 active server.
As I have only 1 passive server , I should create 2
fail over domain .

Node A ,C    (cluster service 1)
Node B , C   (cluster service 2)
Node c :   (Failover domain 1 : service 1, failover
domain2: service 2)
Each Cluster service comprises : ip address resource ,
web serviver init script,file
system resource (gfs)
 Also I would like to know what are the advantages of
using gfs in this solution over
other types of files systems (like ext3) , as there
are no 2 active servers writing on the same area at
the
same time.

--Regards
Sara