[Linux-cluster] Question about Cluster Service

Filipe Miranda filipe.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 23:19:52 UTC 2007

Hi there Sodagar,

Will the Web servers present the same data? will they serve the same
content?
Why not use all three servers active (without the fail-over mode) and just
add a layer of load balancing to the top of this solution (two machines with
IPVS?

About the GFS, it is a file system that handles multiple servers accessing
the same data on the same partition.
If the Web servers are presenting the same data to users, GFS will be very
helpful to avoid data redundancy on the storage.

If you do not have a dedicated storage GNBD and ISCSI are good choices.

Regards,

On 2/25/07, sara sodagar <sara_sodagar at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I would be grateful if anyone could tell me if this
> solution works or not?
> I am planning to use Web server cluster.I have 2
> active
> servers and 1 passive server .I suppose I should
> create 2 cluster service as in each cluster service
> there
> should be 1 active server.
> As I have only 1 passive server , I should create 2
> fail over domain .
>
> Node A ,C    (cluster service 1)
> Node B , C   (cluster service 2)
> Node c :   (Failover domain 1 : service 1, failover
> domain2: service 2)
> Each Cluster service comprises : ip address resource ,
> web serviver init script,file
> system resource (gfs)
> Also I would like to know what are the advantages of
> using gfs in this solution over
> other types of files systems (like ext3) , as there
> are no 2 active servers writing on the same area at
> the
> same time.
>

> --Regards
> Sara