[Linux-cluster] Multiple clusters

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Sun Jan 7 16:53:44 UTC 2007

In my case, I have separate GFS storage for web, mysql, mail and other parts
of our network.

All of the servers are in one single cluster but share their own areas. For
example, web servers only share web storage areas, etc.

My question is... is there value in spilling these things up?

I have enough fencing hardware to split up each section and can see only one
benefit in that if the cluster crashes, it does not take everything down, only
that section. Yet, all sections function as one site so, not sure about the
value in that.

Any thoughts on this?

Mike