[Linux-cluster] Can't leave cluster

Jaap Dijkshoorn jaap at sara.nl
Tue Jan 9 08:42:40 UTC 2007

MIke,

> Ok, confusion again... why does this work on one node but not
> another. They
> are identical nodes in every way.
>
> # more stop_gfs
>
> /etc/init.d/httpd stop
> umount /var/www
> vgchange -aln
> /etc/init.d/clvmd stop
> fence_tool leave
> /etc/init.d/fenced stop
> cman_tool leave
> killall ccsd
>
> On some nodes, I'm still getting;
>
> cman_tool: Can't leave cluster while there are 1 active subsystems
>
> Mike

You should check with cman_tool services(said below), which services are
still running/updating/joining etc. It sometimes happen that a service
cant be shutdown nicely. You can try to kill daemons by hand with a
soft/hard kill.

Met vriendelijke groet, Kind Regards,

Jaap P. Dijkshoorn
Group Leader Cluster Computing