[Linux-cluster] Can't get past Segmentation Faults

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Tue Jan 23 17:23:51 UTC 2007

Is it possible that all of my storage was trashed in some way, that the
devices themselves need to be reformatted?

I'm using external RAID storage devices and I've noticed that there seems to
be a bad magic number error when I try to run the usual tools such as fsck or
e2fsck.

# ./fsck /dev/sdg1
fsck 1.35 (28-Feb-2004)
e2fsck 1.35 (28-Feb-2004)
Couldn't find ext2 superblock, trying backup blocks...
fsck.ext2: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sdg1

# ./e2fsck -b 8193 /dev/sdg1
e2fsck 1.35 (28-Feb-2004)
./e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sdg1

Is this why nothing is working and I'm getting seg errors on everything?

Mike