[Linux-cluster] Stable to which kernel?

Robert Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Fri Jan 26 14:48:11 UTC 2007

Jaap Dijkshoorn wrote:
> HI Bob,
>

> Thanks! We will try it out soon. Can you tell me to which kernel the
> stable release is compiled against?
>
> Best Regards,
> Jaap

Hi Jaap,

To be perfectly, honest, I don't know which kernel it compiles against.
The problem is, the kernels are a moving target, and so is the cluster
software,
because we're always porting improvements and bug fixes.  The only
information I could find around here said "a recent kernel" but that was
written quite a while ago, and I didn't take the time to dig very deep
for it.
I'm guessing some flavors of 2.6.17 or 2.6.18 but I make no promises.

I'm hoping to update STABLE so that it compiles against more recent
upstream (kernel.org) kernels, but I don't know when I'll get the chance
to do that.  I'm hoping to start on it next week.  Right now I'm targeting
2.6.20-rc6.  The problem, of course, is that it may impact other people
out there using STABLE on a different kernel.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite