[Linux-cluster] NFS bug fixed in GFS stable tree?

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Fri Jan 26 14:40:59 UTC 2007

Robert Peterson wrote:
> Jaap Dijkshoorn wrote:
>> No problem, thanks for this. We are very happy that this maybe is the
>> fix we need in our environment.
>> I saw some remarks later about cleaning up the stable branche. Is the
>> stable branche stable enough to use it now.. or do we have to wait for
>> the cleanup?
>>
> Hi Jaap,
>
> STABLE is, well, stable as far as I know.  I did a massive diff on STABLE's
> GFS code yesterday to compare it to RHEL4, just to make sure I hadn't
> forgotten
> anything else, and I only found a couple of small things that shouldn't
> impact most
> people.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bob Peterson
> Red Hat Cluster Suite

Bob,

  I just build the new STABLE source agains our 2.6.17.11 kernel and did
not encounter any problems, except for rgmanager. Some files are missing
that it tries to install:

install: cannot stat `utils/config-utils.sh': No such file or directory
install: cannot stat `utils/ra-skelet.sh': No such file or directory
install: cannot stat `utils/messages.sh': No such file or directory
install: cannot stat `utils/httpd-parse-config.pl': No such file or
directory
install: cannot stat `utils/tomcat-parse-config.pl': No such file or
directory
make[3]: *** [install] Error 1

Regards