[Linux-cluster] Alternative? Diskless Shared-Root GFS/Cluster

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Wed Jan 31 20:43:39 UTC 2007

Ok, might as well ask this... since I can't seem to find anything on it. How
about just a central storage that can be split up into many small segments so
that blades can boot over the network, then joint the GFS cluster?

I mean, all I want to do is to remove the drives since they really aren't
being used. All of the work is being done on the GFS cluster once a machine is
up and running. It barely does anything with it's drive other than the OS of
course, even logging is all remote.

Isn't there a simpler way of getting this done without having to get into
whole new technologies? All of the blades have PXE boot capabilities, there
must be some simple way of doing this?

Mike